new beginnings.


I went to the hairdresser today. I love getting my hair cut. You get that wonderful sensation that you left a ton behind. Your posture and your mood improve alike. You feel different, pretty. You feel light. Suddenly (or am I being a little dramatic here?) you can take it all. Since the past year wasn't exactly kind to me, I need to feel that way as much as I can. Yesterday, a feeling of accomplishment overwhelmed me. I hadn't felt like that for so long. So today, when my mum asked me if I wanted to go to the hairdresser, I said yes. Because, what better way to celebrate change than to get a brand new haircut? Which, by the way, I wanted to do for ages now. I don't feel very confortable in front of cameras *shivers*, but I did try my best (eventhough the lighting in the room sucked - hello T zone!, as exemplified by picture number one). But what I want to say is that sometimes we spend too much time holding on to things/people/plans that are not what we need. And sometimes, you need to let go. It's cathartic. Sure, a very long and painful process, but nonetheless necessary. It's growth. Sometimes, you just have to move on. The world is not waiting for you, the Earth keeps spinning round wether you decide to move on or not. So move towards the things you love, the things that make you feel excited, happy, desired and fulfilled. Otherwise it's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment